According to the plan of projects approved for 2020 between the OSCE Center in Ashgabat and the Government of Turkmenistan, a center for "Energy Saving Technologies" was opened at the State Energy Institute of Turkmenistan. As part of this project, in the first stage, the center is equipped with IT technology equipment. In the second stage, it is planned to acquire innovative energy-saving technologies. In order to implement the State Energy Saving Program for 2018-2024 approved by the Decree of the President of Turkmenistan dated 21 February 2018 year, the center considers the following works:
- In order to familiarize with innovative energy-saving technologies, it is planned to conduct training courses for pupils and students, as well as refresher courses for specialists from enterprises of various industries, as well as providing information on innovative energy-saving technologies;
- Development of an action plan for energy saving for various sectors of the national economy and determination of ways to conduct an audit of energy consumption;
- Analysis, generalization and dissemination of technical and scientific achievements in the field of energy conservation;
- Development and implementation of projects for the use of renewable energy sources;
- Holding scientific and practical conferences on energy saving and energy efficiency.